THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 17, 2007

Brides Against Breast Cancer


I have always been deeply concerned and involved with the fight against breast cancer. For years, I have volunteered both time and money to help fight the cause!

I was thrilled when I stumbled on this website:


With the help of BRIDES Magazine, Brides Against Breast Cancer host warehouse sales full of donated gowns from newly married brides, retailers, and manufacturers. This is the ULTIMATE SAMPLE SALE. Even better – they offer other sizes than 8’s, 10’s, and 12’s. Including shoes, veils – the works!

The dresses are priced from $89 to $799, and retail in the upwards of $8,000! There are a handful of couture dresses that run $20,000 – those are any where from 25% to 75% off, making them a cool 5 grand.

While I have found my dresses (or so I think), I will probably go just to experience it.

The calendar found here says that they will be in Dallas Friday, October 19, 10 am - 8 pm and Saturday, October 20, 10 am - 6 pm. Location TBA, so I have my fingers crossed that they will have Pre-Sale VIP tickets for the night before, Thursday from 6:30 to 9:00pm, a pre-sale preview perfect for the 9 to 5 workin’ girl!

Regular tickets cost $20 and allow you to bring a guest and have help with a personal assistant for two hours of shopping. VIP tickets cost $200 (to charity remember) and allow you and a guest to shop while sipping cocktails. In addition to this, you get a gift bag full of goodies that is valued at $100!

Look at the racks and racks of dresses – OH MY! They are traveling across the US so check out the calendar linked below:

If you are already hitched – consider donating your dress to them. Perfect way to help those in need and get a tax deduction, all while allowing your dress to brighten someone else’s special day!

No comments: