THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Who to Don the Title “Bridesmaid” aka the Football Draft of Weddings

Alright, I have been dealing with the question for a long time now. Honestly, you probably know who your maids will be prior to be engaged, even meeting your man.

Maybe you do, but I don’t! I have so many sorority sisters, and am horrible keeping up friendships. While I may loose touch, I never loose the friendships I keep close to my heart.

I struggle with a couple of issues:
1) No matter how many articles or magazines I read, to some extent, I truly believe people expect to be reciprocated with the invite to be a bridesmaid having been in their wedding before. Unless you had a meltdown or falling out, I honestly believe, girls expect it.

2) Some friends are just about crazy enough to consider NOT being asked to be in your wedding the ultimate break-up. Friendship is over and you are dead to them.

How many is too many? Who stands next to whom?

The one, mildly inappropriate notion I have had since I knew that I would have a destination wedding and some could not come, do you have rounds of bridesmaid picking similar to that of the NFL draft, on picking your ladies?

Do I make the most wanted list, ask them, and if I get a no, go to the runner-ups on the list? Now, maybe I’ve done sorority recruitment a few too many times and know about the two Bid List program to see how diluted I must be to make an A and a B list of maids in my mind.

Maybe it is my huge fear of rejection and my perception that everyone hates me (when they really don’t), that leaves me crippled with fear that I will be standing alone at the alter.
I’ve always wanted four bridesmaids, and don’t know what I will do? Plus, how pathetic is it (and probably stupid) to call in your second string. It probably would subtract more from the day than add the joy it is suppose to!

No comments: