THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 20, 2007

To Have and To Hold....

My mind almost exploded last night.

Background: my honey-to-be has an estranged half-sisters that, let’s just say, he doesn’t think very highly of. He had once told me that their wedding favors were beer koozies, that said, “To Have and To Hold, To Keep Your Beer Cold”. He then wrapped up his story, by telling me how classless this is.

So, we were riding, and I about had a heart-attack, when he casually said, “Can we have party favors that my pilot friends will like? Something like a beer koozie, with a catchy, pilot slogan?”

In my mind, I’m thinking, “You want to have what at MY wedding (he lost all claim to the day by this latest suggestion).” He looks over to see my mouth agape and then realizes - I’ve gone into shock.

After the awkward, let me gather my composure minutes slip past, I say, “Don’t you think it would be best to offer our guests a gift everyone could enjoy? This is a good idea for your groomsmen.”

He countered saying that is a good idea, and maybe he would work on those. GOOD CHOICE! No where in my vision of our big day, was there beer koozies strewn about – NEVER!

I’ve read about CD’s, plants/seeds, cookies, and a candy bar (my personal choice).

What favors did you have at your wedding? Were they a hit or a dud?

No comments: