THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Designing SusanLovesChris.com

So...at the bridal fair, I was introduced to wedding websites. Now, I had seen the free ones the Knot offers, but these new full service sites are mind blowing! My bride-to-be friend just launched her site and all I can say is wow! She listed the date, where they are registered, story of how they met, Bridesmaids’ bios, thank-you’s, message boards, the works.This got me thinking - I need a website too! What bride doesn't? So, I began shopping around at ewedding.com, WeddingTracker.com, and Wedshare.com when it hit me- why not design my own website? I took a course in school, and none of these pre-designed sites are what I need, I’ll do it myself.

This is such a Susan move, when life hands you lemons, whip up a lemon soufflĂ©! I see something and immediately begin envisioning and dreaming up how I can make it above and beyond anyone’s (including my own) wildest expectations.I opened up my Gimp tool (a free Photoshop alternative - you can download it at Download.com ) and Adobe Photoshop to design the homepage graphics and use Adobe DreamWeaver to build the style sheet( base homepage I will then alter to reflect each page)

Here is a screens shot of what I have so far. I'd love feedback.
I’m designing this website and hosting it on my own server. It will cost about $4 a month, but gives me the flexibility of keeping the site post wedding, and updating it with family pictures and blogs, etc. So, I am thinking of linking pages with Pictures, About Us, Blogs, and add sites about Tying the Knot, Details (about the big day), Etc. The buttons will go on the side. Anything else?

Also, I think the story of bridesmaids and their bio is excessive? Am I wrong? Does anyone care that I met my Maid-of-honor while sliding into home plate?

1 comment:

Love wins said...

Just found your site through wedding bee in the comment section! Love your blog and your template! Have fun planning your big day!!!