THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

How do you choose a date?

Chris and I had a heart to heart about the date. He sat me down and sweetly said he didn’t want to wait till March 7, 2009. How to do you tell the man you love that he has to wait?

My mums and aunt stressed that while it was sweet to marry on my grandparent’s anniversary – it would be wonderful for me to pick a day of my own as well. So, we pull out our calendars…
We contacted the chapel and the dates, March 22nd, June 21st, and June 28th were available. March 22nd is my future mother-in-law’s wedding date, so that is out. I like the idea of a June wedding, (see the song "June Bride" from Seven Brides for Seven Brothers - love it!). This shortened timeline makes me appreciate all the planning I have already begun. Gotta get that ball rolling and now there are only....326 days between now and June 28th.

So, I tried to decide the best way to pick the date.
(*Has anyone else noticed all of these
decisions that require you to pick the
one - the ring, the dress, the man, the
date, so many decisions!*)

I surfed my way over to This Day in History to reference history and see what day is better. The gist of the dates is June 21st is the offical day of to assissinate royalty and politicians (a bit of a downer). June 28th POWs released, John Wesley (who suggested the Whitefield Chapel be built - were we will wed) was born, and lots of other happy, wonderful memories!

We will see what the final decision is...

No comments: