THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 6, 2007

DIY Invitations

Okay – so anyone that knows me, realizes that I am passionate about paper. Yes, school supplies, desk accessories, paper – the works. So it is a fair assumption to make that I am an invitation snob. While I will be compromising and frugal in some areas of the wedding – Paper will never be one of them!

I have watched many a Whose Wedding Is It Anyway? episode and love what the planner is able to do when the couple has a custom logo. Embroidered hankies, table runners – the works.

So I started doing a little digging into custom invitations. When I stumbled on a fabulous blog about just that, DIY invitations that remain fabulous! Wedding Bee Blogs

The blog was on WeddingBee.com, the blog I refresh about 25 times a day to get the latest inspiration. I don’t remember what led me to this blog – but I like to kindly think of it as kismet.

I search the blog and find hit after hit of DIY projects that I am creative enough to tackle alone.

Two Peas in a Bucket - I have been surfing and saving pictures, working on what I envision the invitations being.

Things I need in the design:
A crown – to represent me, my sorority symbol
Wings (similar to that of pilot wings) – for my pilot honey-to-be
S and C – our initials interlocking
A laurel wreath with a bow at the top housing everything – I’m not sure why, maybe because I like bows?

Some inspiration pictures, gathered from these sites:

The initials come from Rose Bud Weddings, the wreath from Martha StewartMartha Stewart Weddings, and the bottom left monograms are from Ilee. I absolutely love Ilee!

You’ll need tools like Gimp (a free version of PhotoShop), to alter images to make them perfect. Photoshop and Fireworks is wonderful, but also wonderfully expensive.

To get Gimp: Get Gimp!

I'll post some more links to get digital scrapbooking finds soon!

Love!

No comments: