THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Leaving in a White Suit

Since we will be having a weekend of festivities (Friday night – Rehearsal and a Low Country Boil, Saturday – the wedding, Sunday – a Sunday brunch) - I need a weekend's worth of fabulous attire. During the Sunday brunch, I envision myself in a fantastic, little white suit witha skirt or dress.

Harder to find than one might think! I suffer from a very serious condition (if you know the name – please – do tell). I inherited it from my mother. Once I have pictured what I want in my mind, I will stop at nothing to get it. I have envisioned a little, white/cream, possibly brocade, high necked dress (or a-line skirt), with a little cropped jacket, with ¾ length sleeves and scoop collar necklace.

I have a picture of one similar to what I want by Oscar De La Renta.

It was featured in Brides magazine this summer.



My mother and I even stopped by a Bridal Sample Sale recently at Warren Barrón and saw it there. It was marked down from the $4,000 tag to a little under $2,000. (I could not possibly spend two thousand dollars on a white suit, when I paid under $250 for two wedding dresses!)

Besides, Oscar went a little nuts with large flower covered buttons on the front. Hate to say it - but it was even too much for me...if you can imagine such a thing. But, he was close to getting the look right…
The search is on….and Lord, help me find this suit!

It is harder than one would think. Most websites do not offer an easy way to search for the outfit you put on after your gown...my best recommendations - find something in the summer - towards the end. This is right after they start stocking their shelves full of taupes, blacks, and grays for the fall season -sending anything white directly to clearance. (At unbelievable prices...)

I am definitely a Budget Bride, but am unwilling to compromise my style or taste!

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Keep looking! I found a great little white suit at Wal-mart for $25 after Easter. Check Macy's, they had lots of whites on sale this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Ann Taylor has this exact dress right now in stores! Alas, no matching jacket but they do have a little cream shrug sweater to go with it.