THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Engraving the Stone

The article lists the idea of customizing your ring by engraving something around the stone found on the Knot.

This one article brightened my ideas to all of the ways to take my vintage setting and stone and customize it to reflect me and my honey-to-be’s style. Instead of laser inscriptions on your ring with your GIA number, etc. - you can customize these inscriptions to be love poems, notes or messages. The inscription, similar to the engraving on the inside of the band, but this is invisible to the naked eye, and only seen under microscope.

I think – not only is this terribly romantic, a secret message between the two, it can help identify your stone if it was ever stolen. There seems to be mixed emotions about the idea of this. I’m reading various articles, all the while thinking – is it still as romantic if I am the one deciding to get this done. I think I would love the idea more if honey-to-be had been the one to discover it.

Here is more info about it on About.com

No comments: