THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 27, 2007

The Engagement Ring

I love, love, love my engagement ring! It is a 1.25 carat center brilliant cut square stone with a huge table (the flat, top portion of the ring)! Honey- to-be- bought the stone separately and had it mounted (my favorite part) in a vintage setting.

The setting is from the 1940’s . It is a huge ring (in width, not size) to fit my substantial hands (*see below). Around the band on and on the sides, there is a hand engraved pattern that look almost like the ends of feathers. Towards the top, where the center stone goes, there is filigree work and my secret, hidden favorite part, is the little bow design on the basket where the stone goes.

On either side of the center stone, there are 2 square, princess cut diamonds that are 0.20 carats each.

This ring is by far the most gorgeous ring I have ever seen. It has everything I wanted:
A sparkly stone, filigree work, vintage, a bow (I never dreamed that would be possible – or had ever mentioned it to honey-to-be).

Since it is a brilliant cut, it sparkles more than I could have ever imagined. LOVE at first sight – with both the boy and the ring!

2 comments:

Joanne said...

hey fellow ridiculously early, prepared, detail-oriented 2008 bride! :) i'll be your new reader! by the way, your ring is gorgeous!

Joanne said...

http://www.xanga.com/mochojo