THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 3, 2007

Putting the Cart in front of the Horse


Sorry – I just returned from Mexico….let’s play catch up!

Okay, I realize that I sound a little ridiculous already planning a wedding when my finger is still without ring. Making huge decisions before I am engaged. While we all see it coming, seeing that Anyone that knows me, knows that I am a planner, and cannot fight the urge to be planning away.

My mind is racing – dates, location, vendors, Oh my!

Here is why my levels of stress are heightened:
I live in Dallas, TX
I want to get married in Savannah, GA

Is my stress becoming clear? My new BFF is the internet and I am now that person that when asked, checks the box that states, “Online activity exceeds 4 hours a day”.

The things I do know are…I would like to get married in Whitefield Chapel, a little outside of Savannah, located on the grounds of Bethesda Home for Boys.

Picture courtesy of
Savannah Weddings



The same chapel that Paula Deen held her wedding. It is quaint and holds around 50 people. Perfect for the intimate wedding I am hoping to have.


Photography:
Now I am a real stickler for photos. I don’t want any of those pose by the tree shots that bring me back to days of my senior photos. I like the more pictures to give you a sense of a story more than those of posed group shots. I would like it almost to look like a documentary. With that said – I grabbed my mouse and began surfing.

Planning destination weddings create more headaches than I would have originally thought! I started my quest through theknot.com and looked at Savannah vendors. Most were pretty pricey, but gave me a jumping off point. I want to invest in my pictures – because they will allow all of my loved ones unable to travel to Savannah a glimpse into our special day. I do, however, think that some pricing is a little out-of-control (OOC). So, I am budgeting about $3,000 for photographer. (Most of the packages I found in the Savannah, Ga area starting at $4,500!)

After about 12 websites, looking at portfolios, and reading photographers’ blogs – I struck gold. I found Teresa of Memories n' More.

Her prices were reasonable, she sounds fantastic, and I appreciate her “artist’s viewpoint”. Teresa’s passion for her work shines through in her blog. I knew I had met the photographer I wanted. Not only that – she also doubles as a planner! I’m working up an email to her right now…..

No comments: