THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 25, 2007

The Proposal

Honey-to-be proposed on Friday night! Yay! So – I flew home from Columbus on Friday to arrive at home about 5pm. Chris had called earlier and told me that he needed to fly and wouldn’t be home till about 7:30 or 8pm.

My mums and brother then picked me up from the airport. Of course, my plane was delayed, lost baggage (found 15 minutes later), and we are finally off. They have the bungalow next to mine as a weekend get away and were cooking dinner over there that night.

When I get there, I am so exhausted and tell them, “I’ll take my stuff over later, I just want to go sit down”. After much persuasion, going back and forth 4 times, my mom convinces me to go to my house first and change for dinner.

I walk into the cottage, and try and flip the lights with no luck. Then, I look in to see a spotless house (the polar opposite from how I left it on Monday when I flew out), adorned with 8 dozen red and pink roses and 50 candles glowing all around the room. Serendipity soundtrack is playing. Honey-to-be peeks from around the corner and is smiling. I walk over and kiss him – then (I honestly can’t remember what he said – it is all such a blur). But, he walked me over to by the mantel, and had me feel how fast his heart was racing; then, he asked me if I wanted to sit down.

So, I did, and he got down on his knee, then he was crying, and tells me how gorgeous I am, how much he loves me, and asks me if I would spend the rest of my life with him. Of course, I said yes and then he put the ring on my finger.

That is definitely the watered down version of the story – I can’t possibly remember all of the details. I do remember – the room was gorgeous, there was champagne chilling in a crystal bucket with two champagne flutes close-by. The candles looked amazing, there were cake stands with candles arranged with rocks; I cannot put into words how gorgeous it looked.

Also – I AM SHOCKED that honey-to-be was able to surprise me so well. I had no idea and being so busy with work, was no longer consumed with the constant wedding bells that keep clinking in my mind. I love him so much, the ring I gorgeous and I love love love him!

I was later told, he called my mom earlier that morning and had told him his plan. He decorated all on his own and dreamed up how he wanted to do it. He must have cleaned my house and decorated it for hours to make it look so good. I love him and was devastated that I had to leave my roses behind in Dallas.

My ring is so beautiful and it is still not old telling my family to “look at it sparkle in this light”. I promise I will post pictures soon!

No comments: