THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 23, 2007

To Party or Not to Party...

Since we are having a destination wedding, my honey-to-be wants to celebrate an Engagment Party, giving us a chance to hold a party with our friends locally, since most won't be able to travel across the US to our big day.

I was totally on board with this, because I though that it was the GROOM’S parents that throw this shin-dig. I mean after all, my parents are footing the wedding bill – tit-for-tat, right?

Well, not according to Martha Stewart (who I revere as my personal domestic goddess). On the link above it explains in true Martha fashion, the who, what, where, when, and how of parties. She said it is customary for the Bride’s parents to host the first wedding event, whatever it may be.

So, I’ve been preaching to my honey-to-be all along, that if he wants a party – take it up with your mama! I still don’t feel a party is necessary being a bit of a wall flower at parties, but I don’t want to deprive him this joy. Is it wrong to still pass the buck and put his side in charge of the party?

So, I ask you, if you had an engagement party, who footed the bill?

No comments: