THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Tackling a Bridal Fair

So, I just found out that there is a Bridal Fair in January in Savannah – where my wedding will be. That is fantastic news because it will serve as a perfect place to gather all of my possible vendors-to-be and a quick way to give them the thumbs up or thumbs down.

Since I am a veteran, having already attended one bridal fair, I can share with you all of my infinite wisdom.

  • Research the vendors prior to going. Check out their websites, get on message boards, and even email if you’d like. Google's Blogsearch is a great way to find others that might have used the vendor and recorded their opinion on their own blog.
  • Decide what areas of your wedding planning are lacking: entertainment, catering, photography. That way you know what areas need to be addressed first, and focus your attention on the necessities. And then, if you have extra time, go ahead and sample all the cake at those free cake tastings.

    Here is my greatest piece of advice I can offer as far as Bridal Fairs go. -
  • Print LABELS! This is major. Print labels that have your Name, Address, Email, Phone, Date of Wedding, Location. You can use the Avery address labels that you can pick up at Wal-Mart for $6, and print about 4 sheets. These are key and increase the speed at which you can maneuver the Bridal Fair.

    Instead of having to fill out cards at each booth, you plop down your stickers on all drawing entries or guest books, grab the paperwork, and skedaddle.

After you attend your first fair – you’ll thank me I promise. Saving your hands from cramps after you write your address for the 28th time….

Bridal Shows Inc. find a show…

No comments: